Let’s just jump into this, shall we? It is my hope that after reading these little bits about my life, you’ll feel
obligated very happy to answer 11 questions I’ve posed for you.
11 fun facts that will add no value to your life:
1. Since I watch a lot of weird, trippy movies, I sometimes sleep with the light on. I have what you’d call an overactive imagination…or it could be that I’m just a big puss.
2. Every time I visit my parents and my dad unexpectedly offers me the good wine, this is my reaction.
3. When I hear my neighbors
doin’ the dirty making love, I blast Animal Collective’s “My Girls.” Not only does it muffle the reverberations caused by their heated ruckus, but I like to think that the ethereal instrumentation adds to their passion. So, I essentially do a service to my apartment complex as well as to the couple. I know, I’m a good guy.
4. I am deathly afraid of David Bowie. I know he has a very loyal cult following and makes music or whatever, but have you seen “The Labyrinth?” Scarred me FO’ LYFE.
5. Diamonds are not a girl’s best friend…at least, they’re not my best friend. Show up with red wine, delectable munchies (e.g. tacos, sushi, enchiladas, cupcakes, turkey burgers, quesadillas, and Chick-Fil-A), and cool movies, then YOU will become my best friend.
6. I have a big crush on Carl Sagan, but don’t tell him I said that….oh wait :(
7. In elementary school, my friends and I started an all-girl pop group called The Sparklers, and our seeming responsibilities included getting boyfriends and distracting the soccer players at recess. One of the first lyrics one of us wrote was: “Oh boooy, you treat me like a toy that you don’t even own. Oh, oh.” When we did manage to practice, if my memory serves me right, it amounted to little more than singing that one line at different pitches…I think we quit while we were ahead.
8. I used to think I suffered from some sort of physical abnormality, but then I went to a specialist and he reduced my defect to a mere case of anxiety. He tried to prescribe me Prozac, but I politely declined (though in retrospect, I probably could have made some righteous bucks selling that…just kidding Mom). It’s not that Christina Ricci wasn’t a successful ambassador for the drug in “Prozac Nation,” but I insisted that a combination of yoga and chilling the fuck out would restore my psyche. And it’s true, haven’t felt anxious since. Body, you weird.
9. Doesn’t matter how much I prepare for this answer, I’m always thrown off guard when people ask me to explain what Rhetoric & Writing is, why that field of study could possibly be worth the thousands of dollars in tuition, and how I can sleep at night knowing that I have no marketable skills.
10. And also, fuck these guys. If you don’t recognize them, you obviously haven’t visited the Instagram popular page.
11. My “Clue” DVD is one of my most prized possessions…anyone who has watched movies at my apartment unfortunately knows this.
So now, my questions to you!
1. Goosebumps or Animorphs?
2. What is your favorite beer or wine?
3. What is an irrational fear that has plagued you in life?
4. Worst piece of advice you’ve ever been given.
5. What was the last thing you ate?
6. Do you rescue spiders or do you kill them?
7. Did you read those Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books as a kid?
8. When eating an Oreo, what is your technique?
9. What was the most craptastic Christmas/Birthday present you’ve ever been given? -OR- What was the most craptastic Christmas/Birthday present you’ve ever given someone?”
10. Say you had the power to lucid dream, what would you do first?
11. Do you think the Dallas Cowboys will ever win another Super Bowl?